Asparagus with Egg and Cheese Sauce
Cream and shredded cheese create a quick version of Alfredo sauce for grilled asparagus.
Servings and Ingredients
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 lbs.||fresh asparagus|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|1 c.||whipping cream|
|½ c.||shredded four-cheese blend|
- Place whole eggs in a small saucepan. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to just boiling over high heat. Remove saucepan from burner and cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water for 12 minutes. Drain and cool eggs completely under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water. Peel eggs and slice; set aside.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Snap woody ends off asparagus. Push two bamboo skewers crosswise through 5 asparagus spears. Continue skewering asparagus in groups of five. Brush asparagus with olive oil.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat cream over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese and heat until melted.
- Serve asparagus topped with egg slices and cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2016.