Fruit and Veggie Snails
Servings and Ingredients
|2 small red apples|
|1 bunch(es) celery, cleaned|
|1 (16 oz) jar creamy peanut butter or other nut butter|
|1 resealable plastic storage bag|
|1 (1.65 oz) box any flavor Wonka Nerds candies|
|1 (10 oz) bag shredded carrots or julienned carrots|
- Cut a thick vertical slice from a whole apple, just missing the core. Do this on both sides.
- Cut a celery stick that is about 1 inch longer than the width of the apple slice.
- Place the peanut butter into the plastic bag; snip off the end to make a small hole. Fill the trough of the celery stick by squeezing the bag of peanut butter; set aside.
- Using the plastic bag filled with peanut butter again, draw a spiral on both sides of the apple slice.
- Wedge the apple slice into the filled celery stick. (Larger apples like to fall over.)
- Add Nerds to one end of the celery stick to make his eyes. Add 2 carrot shreds for antennae.
adapted from Nestle Kitchens.