Frozen Monkey Tails
Servings and Ingredients
|3 ripe bananas|
|6 wooden popsicle sticks|
|2 tbsp. PB2 powdered peanut butter, prepared as instructed on package|
|1 (6 oz) container Fage non-fat plain Greek yogurt|
|Optional toppings: granola, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, chopped nuts, hemp seeds, crushed cereal (such as Rice Krispies, Chex, Life Cereal, Kashi Honey Sunshine or Fiber One Caramel Delight)|
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and cut in half. Gently push popsicle sticks into the thicker end of bananas, leaving out about 1-1/2 inches of the stick to use as a handle.
- Swirl prepared PB2 into Greek yogurt. (Don't completely stir it in. You want a “swirly” effect.)
- Gently spread yogurt mixture onto bananas to completely cover and place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, granola, or other desired toppings. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Transfer to a freezer-safe zip-top storage bag and freeze for up to 2 months. When serving, allow to thaw for about 2 minutes prior to eating.
- Note: This recipe is easily adaptable to gluten-free dietary needs. If desired, cut the bananas into smaller pieces for frozen banana “bites.”