French Silk Pie
This rich chocolaty pie with whipped cream is over-the-top good, and check out how easy this crust is to make. Just press it into the pan.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ⅓ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee pecans, finely ground|
|¼ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|8 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, cold, diced|
|1 c. Hy-Vee whipping cream|
|1 c. Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee butter|
|2 egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|3 tbsp. chocolate liqueur|
|1 c. Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|Chocolate shavings, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans and brown sugar. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly into buttered 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium saucepan combine 1 cup cream, chocolate chips, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and begins to bubble. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate liqueur.
- Place saucepan in sink of ice water and let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread in pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours and up to 24 hours.
- For sweetened whipped cream, in a small chilled bowl combine whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form, adding sugar gradually 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve pie topped with whipped cream. If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings.
670 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 52g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.