Flourless Chocolate Torte
Rich and decadent like a delicate fudge, a small slice of this flourless chocolate cake is all you need to get your fix.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the pan|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for the pan|
|1 ¼ c.||heavy cream, divided|
|8 oz.||bittersweet chocolate, chopped|
|5||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ c.||crème fraiche or Hy-Vee sour cream|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting|
Things To Grab
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup of butter with 1/4 cup of the heavy cream over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add bittersweet chocolate and stir until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder; whisk in bittersweet chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter to prepared pan and bake until puffed and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before unmolding.
- Using an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with crème fraiche and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form. Dust cake with confectioners’ sugar and serve with whipped cream.
- The cake can be baked up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered. Before serving, bring the cake to room temperature, dust it with confectioners’ sugar and whip the cream.
450 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 37g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2011.