Servings and Ingredients
|6 eggs, separated into 2 mixing bowls|
|1 c. sugar, divided|
|1 ½ c. grated almonds|
|juice and rind of 1 lemon|
|1 c. cold mashed potatoes|
|potato starch, for tube pan|
- Beat egg yolks until light and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, a small amount at a time. Continue beating for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add grated almonds, lemon juice, lemon rind and mashed potatoes. Beat until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 c. sugar.
- Continue beating until the egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan well and dust with potato starch.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Turn cake out of pan after 10 or 15 minutes or cooling time.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 4%