Double-Chocolate Berry Tart
Strawberries and chocolate make a scrumptious duet. Layer whole berries atop a creamy white chocolate filling and drizzle with melted chocolate baking chips.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, chilled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices|
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|3 to 5 tbsp ice water, divided|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee strawberry jelly|
|1 tbsp.||orange liqueur|
|1||(10 oz) pkg Hy-Vee creamy white baking chips|
|¼ c.||heavy whipping cream|
|1||(8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|2 c.||whole medium strawberries, hulled|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips, melted|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- For pastry, in a medium bowl, cut butter into flour until pieces are size of small peas.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and 1 tablespoon ice water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture. Add remaining 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Shape into a ball. Roll dough between two lightly floured sheets of parchment paper to an 11-inch circle. Ease pastry into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Line pastry with double thickness of foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 to 6 minutes more or until crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For strawberry glaze, in a small saucepan heat strawberry jelly until melted. Stir in orange liqueur. Remove from heat; set aside.
- For white chocolate filling, melt white baking chips in a double boiler, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl add melted chips and whipping cream; beat until smooth. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread white chocolate filling over cooled crust. Top with whole strawberries. Brush strawberry glaze over top.
- Place melted semisweet chocolate chips in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Snip one corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over glazed berries.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of June 18, 2014.