Coffee Cream Chocolate Tart
This elegant tart deserves to be on a cake stand. A creamy coffee center is surrounded by a crunchy pecan crust.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 (2 oz) pkg Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 ¼ c. whipping cream|
|2 tbsp. coffee liqueur|
|1 ¼ c. Hy-Vee Select 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 egg yolk|
|3 c. whipping cream|
|1 (8 oz) container mascarpone cheese|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1 tbsp. coffee liqueur|
|Chocolate curls and espresso powder, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For crust, in a food processor, combine flour, pecans and powdered sugar. Cover and pulse just until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add egg yolk to food processor; process just until combined. Shape crust mixture into a ball. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom. Line crust with a double thickness of foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and coffee liqueur. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Stir egg yolk into chocolate mixture just until combined. Pour into baked pastry shell.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For topping, in a large chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and coffee liquor. Beat with an electric mixture on medium until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spoon mounds of mixture on tart.
- Chill at least 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls and sprinkle with espresso powder.
660 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 56g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2015.