Chocolate Truffle Tart
This elegant tart serves up a triple chocolate threat — a chocolate cookie base, a truffle filling and luscious ganache on top.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||finely crushed Hy-Vee chocolate graham crackers (about 12 whole graham crackers)|
|5 tbsp.||plus 3/4 c. Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|5 tbsp.||plus 1 c. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|1 c.||Hot Cocoa Mix|
|6||Hy-Vee large eggs, at room temperature|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¾ c.||whipping cream|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee Select 60%-cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with nonstick spray; set aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl combine crushed crackers and 5 tablespoons sugar. Stir in 5 tablespoons melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining 1 cup butter over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in Hot Cocoa Mix and flour until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium for 3 minutes or until double in volume. Turn mixer to low and add hot chocolate mixture all at once. Scrape sides of bowl and continue to mix for 30 seconds or until well-combined. Pour into baked tart shell.
- Place tart pan on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until tart is just set. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Place cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 60 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in chocolate chips. Continue stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture forms a thick consistency.
- Remove tart pan ring and transfer tart to a serving dish. Pour melted chocolate over tart, spread with a spatula as needed to form a smooth layer. Cool until chocolate sets.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.