Crispy Baked Catfish Nuggets
Even better than baking whole breaded filets is cutting them up into bite-size dip-able nuggets.
Servings and Ingredients
|Vegetable oil cooking spray|
|¼ c.||grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ c.||plain, dry breadcrumbs|
|¼ tsp.||garlic powder|
|⅓ c.||fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbsp.||olive oil|
|4||(5 oz each) U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into nuggets|
|Homemade Tartar Sauce:|
|1 c.||light mayonnaise|
|1 tsp.||Dijon-style mustard|
|1 tbsp.||finely chopped parsley|
|1 tbsp.||chopped, drained sweet pickle or chopped, drained capers, optional|
|1 tbsp.||chopped, drained green olives, optional|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Position oven rack on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray several times to coat.
- In a shallow dish, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder and white pepper. In another dish, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
- Roll nuggets in lemon juice. Then, roll in cheese mixture. Dust with paprika and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place catfish on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees, and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until crust is golden and fish flakes easily. Serve with Homemade Tartar Sauce.
- To make tartar sauce, combine tartar sauce ingredients and blend well.