For single-serve dinners that reheat quickly, freeze baked lasagna in individual microwavable containers.
Chef's Tip: Go lighter and replace sausage with ground chicken or ground turkey sausage.
Servings and Ingredients
|12||Hy-Vee regular lasagna noodles|
|1 lbs.||Italian sausage|
|½ c.||chopped onion|
|1||(15 oz) can Hy-Vee crushed tomatoes in puree|
|2||(6 oz each) cans Hy-Vee tomato paste|
|½ c.||chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried basil|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried oregano|
|¼ tsp.||dried rosemary|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee crushed red pepper flakes|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|1||(15 oz) container Hy-Vee part-skim ricotta cheese|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|2||(8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, using shortest cooking time. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage into uniform pieces. Drain if necessary. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, rosemary, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 of the cooked noodles over the sauce. Top with one-third of the ricotta mixture, one-fourth of the mozzarella and 1-1/3 cups of the sauce. Repeat twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and remaining1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil.
- To serve tonight, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes before serving.
- To freeze for later, wrap foil-covered lasagna securely with plastic wrap. Label and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator for 36 to 48 hours. Remove plastic wrap, leaving foil on dish. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake about 20 to 30 minutes more or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes before serving.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 980mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 28g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2013.