Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. butter, softened|
|1 ½ c. sifted powdered sugar|
|2 tbsp. vanilla|
|3 c. sifted flour|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|28 to 32 Hershey's Kisses, tips broken off|
|3 c. powdered sugar, sifted|
|6 tbsp. cream or milk|
|3 tsp. vanilla|
|decorations, such as chocolate shot or pecan halves|
- Mix butter, 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons vanilla. Blend in flour and salt thoroughly by hand.
- Roll a level tablespoonful of dough into a ball and wrap around chocolate Kiss piece. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until set but not brown.
- Dip tops of warm cookies in icing.
- To make icing, mix 3 cups powdered sugar, cream, 3 teaspoons vanilla and food coloring. Can tint portions of the icing different colors.
- For Christmas, divide icing batch into thirds: tint one batch red, one green and leave one plain.
- Decorate on top of icing; can use chocolate shot and pecan halves.