Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (10 oz) jar Hy-Vee maraschino cherries, with juice reserved|
|1 (21.5 oz) pkg Hy-Vee fudge brownie mix|
|¼ c. water|
|1 c. Hy-Vee chocolate chips|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sweetened condensed milk|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place maraschino cherries on paper towels to drain. Reserve cherry juice.
- Stir brownie mix, water and egg with a spoon in a mixing bowl until well blended. Dough will be stiff. Spoon heaping teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheet using two teaspoons, shaping into a ball. Press 1 maraschino cherry on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack.
- To make frosting, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a small heavy saucepan. Heat on low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. Add 4 teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice.
- Spread 1 heaping teaspoon of frosting over each cookie. Add more cherry juice to frosting if it becomes too thick.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%