Farmland Flax Cookies
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ⅓ c. butter, softened|
|1 ¼ c. white sugar|
|1 ½ c. lightly packed brown sugar|
|2 ⅓ c. flax seed|
|3 large eggs|
|1 ½ tsp. vanilla|
|3 ½ c. all-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp. baking soda|
|3 c. oatmeal|
- In a bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Add flax seed.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Mix to combine. Combine flour/oatmeal mixture with other ingredients.
- Form dough into round logs that are 1-1/2 inches long. Place logs in freezer and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the logs into 1/4-inch medallions.
- Place slices on a baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
185 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 4g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.