Beef, Pasta and Artichoke Toss with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs.||New York strip steak, cut 1-inch thick|
|4 c.||uncooked tri-colored rotelle (spiral-shaped)pasta|
|1||(14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained|
|1||large red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips|
|1 c.||small pitted ripe olives, optional|
|2 tbsp.||thinly sliced fresh basil|
|¼ c.||olive oil|
|¼ c.||balsamic vinegar|
|¼ tsp.||black pepper|
|1 ½ tsp.||dried basil leaves|
- Grill steak over medium-high heat until desired doneness is reached, turning once. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into thin slices.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine beef, pasta, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, olives, if desired, and fresh basil; mix lightly.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over beef mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, if desired before serving.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 60%
adapted from www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com.