Beef, Pasta and Artichoke Toss with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ lbs. New York strip steak, cut 1-inch thick|
|4 c. uncooked tri-colored rotelle (spiral-shaped)pasta|
|1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained|
|1 large red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips|
|1 c. small pitted ripe olives, optional|
|2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil|
|¼ c. olive oil|
|¼ c. balsamic vinegar|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|¼ tsp. black pepper|
|1 ½ tsp. dried basil leaves|
- Grill steak over medium-high heat until desired doneness is reached, turning once. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into thin slices.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine beef, pasta, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, olives, if desired, and fresh basil; mix lightly.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over beef mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, if desired before serving.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 60%
adapted from www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com.