Apple-Cinnamon Streusel Bars
Cinnamon and apple dessert bars have never tasted so good.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee quick oats|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|3 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, divided|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground ginger|
|1 c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cubed|
|1 (8-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|½ c. Hy-Vee dried apples, finely chopped|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sweetened condensed milk|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|1 c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1 to 2 tbsp. Hy-Vee skim milk|
Things To Grab
- Large bowl
- Pastry blender
- 9x13-inch baking pan
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer
- Wire cooling rack
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, in a large bowl stir together flour, oats, sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and ginger. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. For topping, set aside 1 cup of the crust mixture. Press remaining crust mixture evenly and firmly onto the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese, apples, sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Spread filling over crust in pan. Sprinkle evenly with reserved topping.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is light brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For icing, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and enough of the milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
From the week of October 13, 2013