Alaska Sockeye Salmon Bites
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp. olive oil|
|½ tsp. sesame oil|
|2 tsp. Gourmet Garden Garlic Paste (or 2 garlic cloves, minced)|
|1 tbsp. Gourmet Garden Ginger (or 1 tbsp minced ginger)|
|¼ c. Riesling wine*|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1 tbsp. orange juice|
|2 tsp. agave nectar|
|2 lbs. skinless Alaska sockeye salmon, fresh or thawed, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Green onion curls or cilantro, optional, for garnish|
- In a saucepan, heat the oils over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until soft, about 3 minutes (do not burn). Add the Riesling, soy sauce, orange juice and agave; simmer until marinade is reduced by half (reduce down to about 1/3 cup).
- When cool, add Alaska sockeye salmon pieces to marinade and marinate for 5 to 10 minutes, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill salmon pieces over medium heat on grill or grill top, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Garnish with green onion curls or cilantro, if desired. Skewer with wooden picks to serve.
- *Choose a medium-bodied, dry, not sweet Reisling, such as Kung Fu Girl Riesling.
38 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 4g
adapted from AlaskaSeafood.org