Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee old-fashioned oats|
|½ c. Hy-Vee honey|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 packet(s) dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)|
|⅓ c. warm water (100 to 110 degrees)|
|¼ c. oat flour|
|3 c. whole wheat flour|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|1 egg white, lightly beaten|
- Combine oats, honey, butter and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until temperature reaches about 180 degrees, stirring frequently. Add to oat mixture, stirring until well blended. Cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add yeast mixture to oat mixture; stir well.
- Combine oat flour, whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour in a large bowl. Gradually add to oat mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes, adding enough of remaining all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, about 1 hour (Press two fingers into the dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough). Punch dough down, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Working with one half of dough at a time, roll into 8- to 10-inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll each wedge, starting at widest end. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each roll with beaten egg white. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Comfort Foods Cookbook.