Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c.||cubed, peeled sweet potatoes|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2||large yellow onions, diced|
|4||garlic cloves, minced|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee dried cranberries or raisins|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee ground cumin|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee ground coriander|
|1||(15 oz) can Hy-Vee no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed|
|½ bunch(es)||fresh cilantro, chopped|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee 2% sharp cheddar cheese|
|6||(8-inch) Hy-Vee multigrain tortillas|
|Hy-Vee salsa, Hy-Vee light sour cream, pickled jalapenos, optional|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, warm the oil over medium heat in a large skillet or saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander and cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the black beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and cooked sweet potato and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in cooked onions, cranberries, spices and cheese.
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 2 to 3 scoops of filling in the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place each burrito in the baking dish seam-side-down.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Serve topped with salsa and other garnishes as desired.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 1090mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 260%
Vitamin C 20%
adapted from epicurious.com.