Chicken and Black Bean Quesadilla
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||ground Smart Chicken|
|1||(15 oz) can Hy-Vee black beans, drained and rinsed|
|½ c.||pineapple salsa|
|½ tsp.||ground cumin|
|½ c.||diced red and yellow bell peppers|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee 2%-milk shredded cheddar cheese, divided|
|Black pepper, to taste|
|8||(8-inch each) Hy-Vee whole wheat tortillas|
|Additional salsa, optional|
- In a non-stick skillet, cook ground chicken until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in beans, 1/2 cup salsa, cumin, bell peppers and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Heat through. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Fold tortilla over filling and place on microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
360 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 940mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 24g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2012.