Black Bean and Chicken Melts
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee black beans, drained and rinsed|
|½ medium white onion, chopped|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp. dried sage|
|1 (6 oz) pkg Italian style chicken breast strips|
|4 hoagie buns, split|
|1 c. Hy-Vee finely shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm beans, onion, olive oil and sage in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and continue heating over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place hoagie buns on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Divide bean mixture evenly over buns.
- Sprinkle each bun with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until edges of bun are toasted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, let cool 3 minutes and serve warm.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 830mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%