Steak Tips and Parmesan Potatoes
If you're pinched for time, heat up pre-made refrigerated mashed potatoes and stir in some Parmesan cheese. Voila!
Servings and Ingredients
|1||recipe Parmesan Potatoes, below|
|8 oz.||Hy-Vee True beef sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Hy-Vee kosher sea salt and black pepper|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided|
|2||sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish|
|1||clove garlic, crushed|
|½ c.||Zinfandel wine|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee beef broth|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking cocoa|
Things To Grab
- Prepare Parmesan Potatoes (recipe below); keep warm.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add steak and flour to a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; seal bag and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour off steak; add to skillet. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes or until steak is brown, turning once. Transfer steak to a platter; leave thyme and garlic in skillet.
- Add wine, broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; bring mixture to a boil. Scrape up any brown bits in the bottom of the skillet. Gently boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp. butter; stir in cocoa. Add cocoa mixture and steak tips to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve steak sips over Parmesan Potatoes. If desired, garnish with additional thyme.
- Parmesan Potatoes: Peel and quarter 1 lb. Hy-Vee russet potatoes. Cook in enough salted boiling water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low. Add 3 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese. Season to taste with Hy-Vee salt. Gradually beat in 3 tbsp. Hy-Vee whole milk to make mixture light and fluffy. Add additional milk, if needed.
860 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 58 g
- Cholesterol: 205 mg
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 32 g
Vitamin A 560%
Vitamin C 45%