Star-Studded Gelato Desserts
Indulge in a frozen red, white, and blue treat served in individual dessert cups. Top scoops of vanilla gelato with strawberry ice cream topping and frozen whipped dessert topping. Add a puff pastry star cutout and festive sprinkles.
Servings and Ingredients
|½||(17.3-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (1 sheet)|
|Coarse white sugar, as needed|
|2||(30-oz. each) containers Hy-Vee Select vanilla gelato|
|¾ c.||strawberry ice cream topping|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee frozen whipped topping, thawed|
|Coarse blue sugar, as needed|
Things To Grab
- Cookie sheet
- 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter
- Wire cooling rack
- 7 6-oz. glasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Spread puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface. Cut with 2 1/2-inch star cookie cutter to make 7 stars. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with white coarse sugar.
- Bake cutouts for 9 to 11 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, fill seven 6-ounce glasses about half full of gelato. Top with strawberry ice cream topping and remaining gelato.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Just before serving, spoon whipped topping on top; sprinkle with blue sugar. Insert star cutouts into each serving.
530 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 75g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.