For a change of pace, try whole black beans rather than traditional refried beans in your taco. Flavorful whole beans have more taste presence and they're a healthier choice.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sriracha sauce|
|1 tbsp.||lime juice|
|3 c.||butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1||large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|12||(6-inch) Hy-Vee flour tortillas|
|2||(15-oz. each) cans Hy-Vee black beans, rinsed and drained|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee salsa|
|3 tbsp.||hot pepper peach spread, optional|
|¾ c.||queso fresco cheese, crumbled|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped, optional|
Things To Grab
- 9-by-13-inch baking dish
- Medium skillet
- Medium microwave-safe bowl
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine olive oil, sriracha and lime juice. Add squash cubes and pepper strips; toss to coat. Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring after 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast tortillas for 30 to 60 seconds per side or just until light brown spots appear. Fold in half and cool on platter.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat beans and salsa, covered, in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Heat hot pepper peach spread, if desired, in a small microwave-proof bowl on HIGH for about 15 seconds or until melted.
To assemble, spoon 1/4 cup black bean mixture, 1/4 cup squash mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese into each tortilla. Drizzle with melted peach spread, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 1280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 59g
- Protein: 13g