For a change of pace, try whole black beans rather than traditional refried beans in your taco. Flavorful whole beans have more taste presence and they're a healthier choice.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp. Gustare Vita olive oil|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee sriracha sauce|
|1 tbsp. lime juice|
|3 c. butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|12 (8-inch) Hy-Vee whole wheat flour tortillas|
|2 (15-oz. each) cans Hy-Vee black beans, rinsed and drained|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee salsa|
|3 tbsp. hot pepper peach spread, optional|
|¾ c. queso fresco cheese, crumbled|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped, to garnish|
Things To Grab
- 9-by-13-inch baking dish
- Medium skillet
- Medium microwave-safe bowl
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine olive oil, sriracha and lime juice. Add squash cubes and pepper strips; toss to coat. Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring after 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast tortillas for 30 to 60 seconds per side or just until light brown spots appear. Fold in half and cool on platter.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat beans and salsa, covered, in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Heat hot pepper peach spread, if desired, in a small microwave-proof bowl on HIGH for about 15 seconds or until melted.
To assemble, spoon 1/4 cup black bean mixture, 1/4 cup squash mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese into each tortilla. Drizzle with melted peach spread, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 1580mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 92g
- Protein: 21g
Hy-Vee (8-inch) Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla package.