Spicy Tailgate Burgers with Mustard-Beer Sauce
Servings and Ingredients
|1||large clove garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee cayenne pepper|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|¼ tsp.||freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|1 lbs.||lean ground beef|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee spicy brown mustard|
|½ c.||plus 2 tbsp beer, preferably lager or ale, divided|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|4 slice(s)||Hy-Vee pepper Jack cheese|
|4||Hy-Vee whole wheat hamburger buns, split|
|Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and onion slices, for garnish|
- Combine garlic, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and ground beef in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties. If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- To make mustard-beer sauce, combine mustard, 2 tablespoons beer, brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill burger 7 minutes per side, turning once, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. While patties are cooking, generously brush with remaining 1/2 cup beer.
- Just before removing patties from the grill, place cheese slices on top of patties to melt the cheese. Toast buns on grill.
- Serve cheeseburgers on toasted buns slathered with mustard-beer sauce topped with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.
380 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 2%