In a large bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
Spiced Belgian Waffles
Use cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to make your very own spiced Belgian waffles.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¼ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice or Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|8 Hy-Vee large eggs, separated|
|1 c. Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|Fresh fruit, optional|
|Hy-Vee whipped topping, optional|
|Hy-Vee butter, optional|
|Hy-Vee pancake and waffle syrup, optional|
Things To Grab
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir about half of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites; do not overmix.
- Preheat and grease a Belgian waffle baker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Pour about 1 cup batter onto grids of hot waffle baker. Close the lid quickly and bake about 3 to 4 minutes per waffle.
- Transfer waffles to a wire rack on baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300°F-oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, sift powdered sugar over each waffle. If desired, top with fresh fruit, melted butter and syrup.
- Directions to freeze and reheat waffles: Cool prepared waffles on wire rack. Place waffles in a plastic freezer bag with wax paper between layers. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat waffles, toast them in your toaster or heat them in your oven for 10 minutes at 300°F.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 11g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.