Slow-Cooker Ginger-Orange Cheesecake
Call this an upside-down cake because the graham cracker bottom is on top of the cheesecake in the cooker. Once done, flip it so the crust is the bottom.
Servings and Ingredients
|16 oz.||Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 tbsp.||orange juice|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|1 tbsp.||orange zest|
|½ tsp.||grated ginger|
|1 c.||warm water|
|¾ c.||graham cracker crumbs|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|5 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|½ c.||orange juice|
|6 oz.||frozen or fresh cranberries|
|Powdered sugar, optional|
|Additional orange zest, for garnish, optional|
- Lightly coat a 1-1/2-quart soufflé dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a circle out of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of the soufflé dish and a strip to go around the inside of the dish. Place parchment circle on bottom of soufflé dish. Place strip inside the dish upright at the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoons orange juice, flour and vanilla together until combined. Beat in eggs with mixer on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1 tablespoon orange zest and ginger. Pour filling into prepared soufflé dish. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pour water into 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow-cooker. Place soufflé dish in cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl. After 1 hour, carefully remove aluminum foil and sprinkle crumb mixture on top, gently pressing down with hands. Cover again with foil and cook, covered, for 1-1/2 hours. Carefully remove dish from cooker with hot pads and let cool completely. Place covered in refrigerator and chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup orange juice and cook over medium heat. Stir in cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve cheesecake with cranberry sauce and garnish with orange zest and powdered sugar, if desired.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2013.