Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut butter and chocolate lovers, get ready to be swept off your feet. This beyond-easy cake actually "bakes" in a slow cooker.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (18.25 oz) box Hy-Vee yellow cake mix|
|1 c. water|
|3 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|½ c. Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|½ c. plus 3 tbsp Hy-Vee chocolate syrup, divided|
|20 Reese's miniature peanut butter cups|
Things To Grab
- 4-quart slow-cooker
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Medium bowl
- Butter knife
- Wire cooling rack
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, peanut butter and butter with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes.
- To make chocolate fudge batter, place 2/3 cup of the batter in medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate syrup.
- Spoon half of the peanut butter batter in the slow cooker, followed by all of the chocolate fudge batter. Top with remaining peanut butter batter. Swirl with a knife in a circular motion.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Remove ceramic base from slow cooker and cool 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup and top with peanut butter cups before serving.
500 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Big Holiday Food Book 2016.