Seasoned Mushroom Risotto
Servings and Ingredients
|½ (10.5 oz) can Hy-Vee Healthy Recipe condensed cream of mushroom soup|
|¼ c. boiling water|
|1 (32 oz) container Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 medium shallots, diced|
|1 (4 oz) can Hy-Vee mushroom steams and pieces, drained|
|1 (12 oz) pkg uncooked Arborio rice|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee parsley|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee thyme|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee basil|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee shredded Italian cheese|
- In a small bowl, stir together soup and water. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chicken broth to a low boil.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Stir in shallots and mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in rice. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and basil.
- Pour mushroom soup mixture into rice, stirring until absorbed. Gradually add 1/3 of the broth, stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to stir in broth gradually, 1 cup at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding another cup. It should take about 20 minutes for all the broth to be absorbed and the rice to become tender but firm to the bite.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%