Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened|
|2 tbsp.||butter or margarine, softened|
|2 c.||cubed cooked chicken|
|1 tbsp.||chopped green onion|
|1 tbsp.||chopped pimiento, optional|
|1||(8 oz) can refrigerated crescent rolls|
|1 tbsp.||butter, melted|
|¾ c.||crushed seasoned croutons|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, salt, pepper, onion, milk and pimiento.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Place rectangles on prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle. Pull the 4 corners of dough to the top of each rectangle. Twist slightly and seal edges.
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with crouton crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.