Raspberry Cheesecake Squares
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¼ c.||fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained well, divided|
|½ c.||plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|5 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter|
|2 tbsp.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|7||Hy-Vee whole honey graham crackers, finely crushed* (about 1 c. crumbs)|
|2||(8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, at room temperature|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat 1-1/4 cups raspberries and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until raspberries have broken down. Place a mesh strainer over a small bowl and force raspberry mixture through to remove seeds. Discard seeds and cool puree.
- Microwave butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl until melted. Stir in brown sugar. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and press onto bottom of an 8-inch-square baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar with electric mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the raspberry puree until smooth; pour over baked crust. Place remaining raspberries in 5 rows on top of cheesecake filling and gently poke each one into filling until covered. Drizzle remaining berry puree between berry rows. Using a table knife, gently swirl puree into cream cheese mixture using a back-and-forth motion.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack until cool, about 1-1/2 hours. Cover and chill at least 3 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
- *For best results, process graham crackers in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2013.