Quick Pasta Gratin
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz.||pasta shapes|
|½||orange, green or red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|1 handful(s)||green beans or snow peas|
|1 to 2 tomatoes, quartered|
|1 handful(s)||fresh spinach leaves, trimmed|
|4 oz.||cream cheese with garlic and herbs|
|salt and pepper|
|2 tbsp.||freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan cheese or Cheddar cheese|
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Add chopped bell pepper and green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain thoroughly. Place pasta and vegetables back in the saucepan.
- Quickly add the quartered tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and milk. Toss together, stirring until the cheese melts and the spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn into a shallow heat-proof dish. Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Broil until brown.