Philly-Style Cheese Steaks from Seasons
Philadelphians pride themselves on a sandwich containing thinly sliced pan-fried beefsteak and sautéed peppers topped with lots of melted cheese in a crusty bun.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|⅛ tsp.||Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|6||mini whole-grain ciabatta buns, split|
|1 lbs.||beef top round steak*|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground Italian seasoning|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee canola oil|
|1||medium onion, sliced|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||red and/or green bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|6 slice(s)||Hy-Vee Provolone or pepper jack cheese|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine butter and garlic powder. Spread onto cut sides of buns. Place buns, buttered sides down, on a baking pan. Toast until light golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut chilled steak against the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers; continue cooking and stirring until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add beef and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; cook and stir until beef reaches desired doneness, about 4 minutes.
- Divide beef and vegetable mixture among buns. Top with cheese slices and top bun. Heat in oven until cheese is melted about 2 minutes.
- *Note: Freeze steak for 30 minutes for easier slicing.
430 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 26g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 80%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.