Peanut Butter Pie
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. finely crushed Hy-Vee Dunksters chocolate sandwich cookies (about 20 cookies)|
|4 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|1 (8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 ½ c. heavy whipping cream, divided|
|4 oz. semisweet chocolate|
|Hy-Vee dry roasted peanuts, optional|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press the cookie crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate. Bake the crust for 7 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth and blended.
- In another medium bowl, using the same beaters, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until firm peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, lightly stirring until combined. Spoon filling into prepared cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small glass bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and semisweet chocolate. Microwave on HIGH for 30-second intervals until the cream is hot and the chocolate is melted. Stir until blended, then allow to cool until only slightly warm. Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling and top with dry roasted peanuts, if desired. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Uneaten portions should be stored in the refrigerator.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2011.