Peanut Butter Fudge Mousse
Servings and Ingredients
|1 packet(s) devil's food cake mix|
|½ c. butter or margarine, melted|
|2 ½ c. milk, divided|
|1 ¼ c. peanuts, divided|
|1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened|
|1 (5-1/2 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix|
|2 ½ c. milk|
|1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed|
|¾ c. peanut butter|
|1 ½ c. powdered sugar|
|1 (1 1/2 oz) bar milk chocolate, chilled and grated|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Mix cake mix, melted butter, 1/4 cup milk, egg and 3/4 cup peanuts at medium speed of an electric mixer until well-blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mix and 2 1/2 cups milk. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Pour half over cooled base.
- In mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar at low speed of electric mixer until crumbly. Set aside. Sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining pudding mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts, pressing them into the pudding mixture. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.