Parmesan Spinach Crustless Quiches
Servings and Ingredients
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 (6 oz) pkg baby spinach|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 c. Hy-Vee low-fat cottage cheese|
|⅓ c. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray four 8-ounces each ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Saute onion and red pepper until onion is golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add baby spinach and stir until limp and moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Fold in vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- *Variation: Bake in a 9-inch pie plate for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 50%
Hy-Vee Seasons Healthy Living Recipes Cookbook.