Spinach Frittata with Egg Whites
Servings and Ingredients
|⅓ c.||shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese|
|Sun-dried tomatoes, about 2 tbsp chopped|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1||medium onion, chopped (about 1 c.)|
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1||large clove garlic, minced|
|1||(16 oz) bag frozen chopped spinach leaves, defrosted and the water drained off|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cheese. Add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute onions in olive oil in an oven-proof non-stick skillet until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute further. Add spinach and mix in with onions and garlic.
- Spread out spinach mixture evenly on bottom of skillet. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let egg mixture flow underneath.
- When the mixture is about half-set, put the whole pan in the oven. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden. Remove from oven with oven mitts and let cool for several minutes.
- Cut into fourths and serve.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 80%
Vitamin C 10%
adapted from www.simplyrecipes.com.