This Canadian favorite sandwiches a firm custard-like middle between layers of creamy chocolate and crispy chocolate.
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee butter, at room temperature, divided|
|½ c. Hot Cocoa Mix|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 ¾ c. Hy-Vee graham cracker crumbs (about 12 whole graham crackers)|
|1 c. Hy-Vee sweetened shredded coconut|
|½ c. Hy-Vee pecans, finely chopped|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|¼ c. whipping cream|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee vanilla instant pudding mix|
|2 c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|½ c. Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
- Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Hot Cocoa Mix, then gradually whisk in beaten egg. Return saucepan to heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until glossy and thick. Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut, pecans and vanilla. Mixture will be thick.
- Press evenly onto the bottom of the prepared dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter, cream and pudding mix with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat for 1 minute more or until smooth. Spread evenly over the chilled crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Add chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons butter to bowl and stir until melted. Spread melted chocolate evenly over filling. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes or just until chocolate has set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.