Cereal Snack Bars
Unlike other cereal bars, this recipe uses a unique blend of three different cereals and gets sweetened with honey, peanut butter, and chocolate.
Servings and Ingredients
|Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray, for greasing|
|2 c. Kellogg's Special K cereal|
|2 c. Kellogg's Crispix cereal|
|2 c. Kellogg's Corn Pops cereal|
|1 c. Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|½ c. Hy-Vee chopped pecans|
|½ c. Hy-Vee salted sunflower kernels|
|2 tbsp. milled flaxseed|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee creamy peanut butter|
|1 c. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 (10-oz) bag dark chocolate melting wafers|
Things To Grab
- 9x9x2-inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Toss together cereals, cranberries, pecans, sunflower kernels and flaxseeds in a large bowl; set aside. Combine peanut butter and honey in a saucepan. Cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture; combine thoroughly. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Lift uncut bars out of pan, using foil edges. Cut into 12 bars.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip bottom half of each bar into melted chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.
550 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 58g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 10%
August Seasons 2017.