Servings and Ingredients
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided|
|¼||yellow onion, diced|
|½ c.||sliced button mushrooms|
|2 oz.||dry white wine|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|8 oz.||New York strip steak|
|1||(0.9 oz) pkg Knorr Béarnaise sauce mix, prepared according to package directions|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until transparent. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze (cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Cut a deep pocket horizontally into side of steak, careful not to cut all the way through steak. Place 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture into pocket and skewer with toothpicks to close. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in an oven-proof cast-iron skillet. Cook steak for 4 to 5 minutes and carefully flip to other side. Place the skillet with the steak in oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from oven and allow steak to rest on a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove toothpicks and top with remaining mushroom mixture and prepared béarnaise sauce.
960 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 70g
- Cholesterol: 245mg
- Sodium: 1760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 44g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee chefs, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of March 25, 2015.