Mini Crab Cakes
A crispy coating and generously large lumps of crabmeat make these one of our favorite seafood appetizers. Although, you could practically make a meal out of them.
Servings and Ingredients
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 ¾ c.||crushed Hy-Vee saltine crackers (1 sleeve)|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee mayonnaise, divided|
|¼ c.||finely chopped red bell pepper|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh basil|
|1 ½ tbsp.||lemon juice|
|1 tbsp.||Old Bay seasoning|
|18 oz.||cooked jumbo lump crabmeat|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee Select shredded Parmesan cheese|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee vegetable oil, divided|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp.||basil paste|
|Basil leaves, for garnish|
|Lemon slices, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, crackers, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, bell pepper, basil, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning. Add crabmeat; mix well to break up crab meat. Divide into 20 balls and shape each into a 3-inch patty.
- In a shallow dish, combine panko bread crumbs and cheese. Press onto both sides of each patty.
- Working in batches, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook patties for 4 minutes or until brown, turning once. Transfer crab cakes to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise, garlic, and basil paste. Serve cakes with mayonnaise mixture. If desired, garnish with basil leaves and lemon slices.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 16g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.