Servings and Ingredients
|1 (8 oz) container Hy-Vee toasted onion dip|
|½ tsp. lemon zest|
|2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee garlic salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground pepper|
|1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|2 large red onions, cut into wedges|
|2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
- In a large bowl, stir together dip, lemon zest, juice, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken. Pour mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat.
- Thread chicken, onion wedges and green bell pepper pieces onto skewers. Repeat 3 times, ending with chicken. Discard remaining dip mixture.
- Grill skewers approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 degrees.