Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Chutney Slaw
The combination of spicy Jamaican jerk seasoning and sweet apple-mango slaw make a perfectly balanced burger.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee coleslaw mix|
|1||mango, peeled, seeded and diced|
|½ c.||red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee light mayonnaise|
|¼ c.||mango chutney, divided|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg, lightly beaten|
|½ c.||apple, peeled and chopped|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee panko bread crumbs|
|¼ c.||red onion, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||Jamaican jerk seasoning|
|1 tsp.||fresh cilantro, chopped|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 lbs.||ground turkey|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|4||Hy-Vee baking Stone ciabatta buns, split|
Things To Grab
- 2 large bowls
- Silicone pastry brush
- Meat thermometer
- Combine coleslaw mix, diced mango and red bell pepper. Stir together mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons chutney. Stir into coleslaw mixture; cover and chill until serving time.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, apple, panko, red onion, jerk seasoning, cilantro and salt. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Brush patties with olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place patties on lightly-greased grill rack. Cover and grill 14 to 16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Grill buns, cut-sides-down, directly over medium heat about 2 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve each burger on buns topped with 1/4 cup coleslaw mix.
- Serve remaining coleslaw on the side.
490 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 1110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 60g
- Protein: 30g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 130%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2012