Harvest Apple Pizza
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee cannellini (white kidney) or navy beans, undrained|
|1 (17.5 oz) pkg sugar cookie mix*|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee imitation vanilla|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|1 (8 oz) container Hy-Vee cinnamon caramel apple cream cheese or whipped plain cream cheese**|
|1 to 2 apples, sliced thinly|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 11-by-9-inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- Puree navy beans, including liquid from can, in the blender until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, vanilla, cinnamon and pureed navy beans. Do not over mix. Spread into prepared pan or cookie sheet. If desired, divide batter among three 8-inch round cake pans; tightly wrap and freeze one or two for later use.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool crust for 15 minutes to allow it to set firmly.
- Spread cream cheese onto crust nearly to the edges. Decorate with sliced apples.
- *The Hy-Vee dietitians recommend using a (15.5 oz) package of Krusteaz sugar cookie mix because it does not contain trans fats. No need to adjust any of the other ingredients.
- **Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature for better spreadability. For added flavor, stir in 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or 1 tablespoon maple syrup to the whipped cream cheese. Use regular whipped cream cheese (7 grams fat per 2 tablespoons), light whipped cream cheese such as Weight Watchers (5 grams fat per 2 tablespoons) or fat-free cream cheese.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 2g