Greek Salad with Grilled Salmon
Servings and Ingredients
|For the salmon:|
|4 (5- to 6-oz each) skinless salmon fillets|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp. garlic-infused extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp. dried oregano|
|Olive oil, for brushing grill|
|For the Greek salad:|
|3 tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 head(s) romaine lettuce, torn into pieces|
|12 oz. assorted heirloom tomatoes (about 4 small), cut into wedges|
|1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise|
|½ c. pitted Kalamata olives|
|½ small red onion, very thinly sliced|
|4 oz. feta cheese|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided|
- To make the salmon:
- Prepare barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Rub garlic oil and dried oregano over salmon to coat well.
- Once grill is smoking hot, brush grill rack with olive oil and immediately place salmon at 2-o’clock position on grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes without lifting or turning salmon. This will help give salmon a good sear of nice grill marks and make it easier to move.
- Starting at corner of salmon nearest to you, slide a long metal spatula under salmon, turn it over and cook until salmon is just cooked through and all but the very center is opaque.
- Meanwhile, to make the Greek salad:
- Place red wine vinegar in large bowl. Slowly add olive oil and whisk continually to blend. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- In large salad bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onions with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Crumble feta cheese over salads.
- Top salads with grilled salmon fillets. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Drizzle some of remaining vinaigrette over salmon and serve immediately.
630 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 48g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 880mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 36g
Vitamin A 290%
Vitamin C 50%