Crisp, fresh, and tasty, this salad is perfect for a grill out! It can be cooked on an indoor or out door grill, or even a cast-iron skillet!
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||red cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1 c.||yellow cherry tomatoes, halved|
|½ c.||English cucumber, diced|
|¼||red onion, thinly sliced|
|½ c.||kalamata olives, halved|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select garlic-flavored olive oil|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp.||fresh oregano , chopped|
|1 tbsp.||flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|2||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|Hy-Vee kosher sea salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|4||(6 oz each) 100% Natural Angus Reserve sirloin steaks|
|4 c.||baby arugula|
|½ tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 oz.||Hy-Vee Select crumbled feta cheese|
Things To Grab
- Medium bowl
- Indoor or outdoor grill or cast-iron skillet
- Large bowl
- For Greek Tomato mixture, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, garlic-flavored olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, red wine vinegar, fresh oregano, parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature; set aside.
- Season steaks with kosher salt and black pepper. Heat an indoor grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill until extremely hot. Sear steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they have reached desired doneness (for rare: 125 degrees; medium-rare: 130 degrees; medium: 135 to 140 degrees). Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 6 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss arugula, 1 tablespoon remaining lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss feta cheese with prepared tomato mixture. Serve sliced steak over Baby Arugula Salad and top with Greek Tomato mixture.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 37g
Croatian by ancestry, Zinfandel rose to acclaim in the vineyards of California where this medium-bodied wine thrives in the hot vineyards of Mendocino, Amador, and Napa counties. It offers aromas and flavors of raspberry, blackberry, black cherry, raisin, and prune. Pair with roasted vegetables, smoked meats, cured meats, barbecue, and cheeses like asiago, goat cheese, gouda, and gruyere.
KCCI-TV recipe, March 5, 2016