Seared Shrimp with Chilled Mediterranean Quinoa and Baby Arugula Salad (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|Chilled Quinoa Salad|
|1 c.||low-sodium chicken stock|
|½ c.||quinoa, rinsed|
|2 tbsp.||garlic-infused olive oil|
|Juice and zest of 1 lemon|
|¼ c.||julienne red onion|
|3 tbsp.||chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh mint|
|½ c.||halved cherry tomatoes|
|½ c.||small diced English cucumber|
|Sea salt and black pepper, to taste|
|Baby Arugula Salad Garnish|
|2 ½ c.||baby arugula|
|2 tbsp.||crumbled low-fat feta|
|3 tbsp.||quartered pitted Kalamata olives|
|Squeeze of fresh lemon|
|1 tsp.||olive oil|
|Seared Belize Shrimp|
|1 lbs.||(16-20 count) peeled, tail-on raw shrimp|
|Salt-free garlic & herb seasoning, as needed|
|1 tbsp.||garlic-infused olive oil|
- Chilled Quinoa Salad
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil; add the quinoa and simmer over medium-high heat for 12 minutes or until all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and refrigerate.
- Once the quinoa is chilled, add garlic oil, lemon juice, zest, red onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes and cucumber; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to combine.
- Baby Arugula Salad Garnish
- In a bowl, combine arugula, feta, kalamata olives, lemon and olive oil.
- Seared Belize Shrimp
- Season the shrimp with seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a large sauté pan or grill over medium-high heat; add the olive oil. Place the shrimp in the pan or on the grill and sear for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn shrimp and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp is fully cooked.
- To serve, place the chilled quinoa salad on a plate and top with 4 shrimp. Place the baby arugula salad on top of the shrimp; serve immediately.
560 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Sodium: 7530mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 20g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 20%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, June 4, 2016.