Easy Spinach Calzones
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz. tofu, mashed|
|1 tbsp. dried parsley|
|1 tbsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. onion powder|
|⅛ tsp. black pepper|
|1 c. low-fat marinara sauce|
|5 oz. (1/2 package) frozen spinach, thawed OR 3/4 c. cooked spinach|
|2 packet(s) (8 rolls each) refrigerated dinner roll dough|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With clean hands, squeeze the excess liquid from the mashed tofu, one handful at a time.
- Place tofu in bowl and stir in parsley, lemon juice, onion powder and pepper.
- Squeeze thawed spinach as dry as possible. Stir into tofu mixture. Stir in marinara sauce.
- Using a rolling pin, spread dough for each roll into a 5-inch circle.
- Place about 2 tablespoons tofu mixture in center of each roll. Carefully fold the dough circle in half and pinch edges to enclose filling in the semi-circle.
- Put each finished calzone onto a nonstick or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until golden.
133 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 325mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 6g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.