Servings and Ingredients
|1||large Reynolds oven bag, 14-by-20-inch size|
|1 tsp.||garlic salt, divided|
|1 lbs.||baby red potatoes|
|8 oz.||peeled baby carrots|
|2||celery, cut in 1/2-inch slices|
|1||medium onion, cut in eighths|
|4 lbs.||broiler-fryer chicken|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shake flour and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt into the oven bag. Place bag in baking pan.
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in oven bag. Turn to mix vegetables with flour. Push vegetables to outer edge of bag.
- Brush chicken with oil, if desired. Sprinkle and rub chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and paprika. Place in center of vegetables in bag.
- Close bag with nylon tie. Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag.
- Bake until chicken is tender, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 180 degrees.