Dazzling Sugar Cookies
For a Christmas sugar cookie that's extra tender, try using shortening instead of butter.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee shortening|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|3 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|Hy-Vee flour, for rolling cookies|
|Sugar Cookie Frosting, optional|
- In a large mixing bowl beat together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to shortening mixture and beat until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Dust work surface with flour. Roll each quarter 1/8-inch thick, cut with cookie cutters and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Frost with Sugar Cookie Frosting, if desired.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2010.